Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

WOMEN'S DAY!!

HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY TO ALLLL THE LOVELY LADIES AROUND THE WORLD!!!:)

They seem to be having time of their lives! So why don't you?:)
I think it is soo nice that one year a day women's day is celebrated! Every woman should just relax, celebrate or do something special this day.

By the way- unfortunately women's day is not celebrated everywhere.. For example in the UK where I am currently living they have not even heard of it:(

(You can check where it is celebrated from this link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Women%27s_Day

It is kinda sad, as I really love this day... My dad has always given me flowers this day, and friends (boys) always say ''happy women's dayy!!'', which I think is soo cute and makes us gal's feel very special :)

So in my opinion it should be celebrated EVERYWHEREE!!:)

Although I am in a country where no one knows anything about it, I am still gonna celebrate it with my friend Noora from Finland (my flatmate) and Kirsty (from Wales, my coursemate).

Our plans are:

* To go to an exercise class (legs, bums and tums)
* Do some groupwork assignments (not the fun part of the day)
*Go drinks and snacks shopping
*Slowwlyyy get ready for the evening
*Eat lil' snacks before going out (I was thinking a slice of chocolate cake..mmmmm... but Noora is on a REAL diet!!... I can neverever do that unfortunately :( ..)
*Go for predrinks to an Australian pub
*Go to a club and have an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!

I don't know if it really was anything that special but still... it's something.. I'm not sitting at home:D (which is not actually bad either)

So now I'll put down a couple of suggestions what to do on women's day whether you want to stay in or hang out with your friends etc.. Something for everyone!:)

If you are planning to stay in by yourself:

* Take a nice, hot, bubbly bath and a glass of champagne or wine or maybe a cuppa hot chocolate and just relax and read a magazine/watch some tv show or a movie from a laptop etc. (don't forget the candles!!)

*Talking about tv shows..... 90210 NEW EPISODE IS COMING OUT TODAY!!!!!! IM SOOOO EXCITED! It is totalllyyy my favourite tv show... So if you are a fan then I think this is a MUST tomorrow! I am definitely gonna watch it! It just makes my day every tuesday!

* Do your manicure and pedicure after the bath or shower and just pamper yourself by putting on a facial mask etc.

* Forget about your diet for just one day (but still do not eat something too fatty like a burger or chips!:D) and try out a new recipe and after that just enjoy it watching a movie.

For example for a main course- http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/salad-recipes/candied-bacon-green-salad (this is absolutely delicious, I've tried it!!) If you do not have some ingredients or you do not want to buy them, then just adjust this recipe as it is suitable for you.

Dessert - http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/bloomin-brilliant-brownies (Watching all these recipes I litterally just ran to my drawer and took a piece of chocolate..... I just couldn't... wish I could eat all the cakes in the world!!!)
Or a bit lighter dessert - http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/summer-berries-with-orange-vanilla-m 

If you are planning to stay in with your friends:

* Do a pyjama party!!:D Get some snacks, movies, drinks and just hang out with ya gal's!!! It's always fun to gossip as well (though I know it is rude but still... we're girls.. we love it.. don't blame us..)

*ONLINE QUIZZES! For example this one is soo cool - http://www.cosmopolitan.com/quizzes-games/online-quiz/sex-in-the-city-quotes-quiz?click=cos_new

*Tell different scary or funny stories to each other

If you are planning to go out:

*Go to eat to a nice restaurant

*Go to drink to a pub/club

*Go for a nice long walk and enjoy the nature:))

*ETC.. Loads of options but I am not gonna put them all down here...just be creative!:)

AND while doing all of this JUST ENJOY THE DAY AND BE HAPPY! Don't let anything ruin your day! Anything - even the cold weather (which I know my friends in Estonia have to tolerate..), the messy hair, a bad boyfriend, a bad experience with someone/something, upcoming assignment deadlines (!)... ANYTHING! Just forget everything bad and negative this day!

I would like to say Happyyy Women's Day to allll of my gorgeous and cute friends back home in Estonia!!!!!



And also to everyone- HAVE AN ABSOLUTELY LOVELY DAY!!!


I hope you got some ideas from my blog for today, although they are not that special.. But that is just what I would really enjoy!:) There are loads of other things to do as well I am sure but I just wrote the first ones that came to my mind:)

Jane xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment