Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

BEST OATMEAL PORRIDGE EVER!!

Hey guys! 

Today in the morning I decided to try out oatmeal porridge cooked in a new way. It's actually nothing special, but the taste is soooo much better!!

Basically all I did differently was that I toasted the oats.


Ingredients:


*1 part Porridge oats  (I used Jordans Chunky Traditional Porridge- Jumbo Whole Rolled Oats)

*1-2 parts milk

*A pinch of salt

*1/2 tsp sugar

*A little knob of butter

 
1. Warm up a pan and put in the knob of butter until it melts.

2. Put in the porridge oats and toast them until golden-brown (They burn quite easily so be careful)

3. Stir in the milk ( I like to do it with more milk.. so I put about 2 parts of milk)

4. Bring to boil over a low heat

5. Mix everything constantly with a spoon until the porridge is done - I like to leave the oats a bit crunchy but overall porridge texture gooey.. Do it however you like it:)

6. And DONE!! Bon Appetit!:) You can add butter in the end or jam or whatever you like, but I think it tastes delicious just like that as well:)

Besides porridge I also had coffee and Müller Light Strawberry Cheesecake yoghurt with some extra strawberries... mmm yumm:)

So that's what I ate for breakfast today and I really enjoyed it. I will definitely start doing my porridge this way as it is definitely thousand times better than the regular ''boring'' porridge:D

Hope you'll like it as much as I did!!:)

Jane xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment