Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

DIET!

Helloo!! 

I am so so sorry I haven't been writin for ages... I was very busy and did not really have to write anything interesting to you..

But now I certainly have.

Hometown Tartu- miss you SOO MUCHH! And of course all my friends... :(
Firstly I would like to write a quick overview what interesting have I done during the time I did not write:

* Went home to Estonia (I miss it so muchh:( )
* Studied a tiny bit for my upcoming exam (the exam is on 23 May)
*Searched for a job
*Went to Ibiza
*Went to a LUSH interview!!! (There was 8 more people there and they will choose only 2 people.. so I am not sure yet if I got the job, but they will contact the chosen ones this week.. fingers crossed!!)
*Now I should be studying like crazy for my exams but I have so much more interesting stuff to do.... I'll study later:D I still have 4 more days....
* I WILL START A NEW DIET TODAY!! I know everyone who reads it laughs:D but seriously this time I will try. This diet seems very normal, I can eat a lot and its not tough at all.

So about the diet!

I have wanted to lose weight since I don't even remember when. When I came to UK, then in one month I gained 10 kg!!! That was a total shock to me. So I've wanted BADLY to lose weight since. I have lost a couple of kg due to eating normally, but still this is so hard.. So now I decided I have to have somekind of plan for my weight loss. I started researching on the internet for some best diets/diet books. I went to amazon.com and found that one bestselling book is ''The South Beach Diet'' by Dr Arthur Agatson. All of the people's reviews I read were amazing and everyone said this is not like a normal diet and not for once you will feel hungry. Also they promised I will lose my sugar cravings (yay). So I found this amazing site to order books online - www.bookdepository.co.uk/ . There is free shipping to very many countries (including ESTONIA!!) and it has many discounts etc. So I found several SBD (South beach diet) books from there. The most interesting one seemed to be 'The South Beach Diet Supercharged'. I read the reviews for that as well and everyone said they would recommend this book as it is newer  and with exercise programme and better recipes etc. So I decided to go for that one.


So basically. SBD has 3 phases. I will talk about the first phase this time as I am starting with that.

1 PHASE: 
*Lasts for 2 weeks
*Is the toughest
*NO ALCOHOL!
*NO SUGARS!
*Reasonable amount of exercising

Foods I cannot eat: 
Some of the fatty meats (all the fillets are allowed)
Dairy: Ice cream, Semi-skimmed or full-fat milk, whole soya milk, full-fat yoghurt
Full-fat cheese
AVOID ALL FRUITS :(((
Vegetables: beetroot, carrots, green peas, potatoes,pumpkin, squash, swedes, sweetcorn, turnips, yams
Starches- AVOID ALL STARCHY FOOD: bread, cereals, porridge, croutons, pasta, rice, biscuits etc.
Sauces: BBQ sauce, cocktail sauce, honey mustard, ketchup
Drinks: ALCOHOL, fruit juice, any drinks containing sugar

But everything else is basically allowed, so that is not too bad. There is like one page of foods I cannot eat and 5 pages of foods I can eat:)

So every day I eat 3 big meals and 2 snacks between them. Also every day there is a little bit of exercising. One day there is interval walking and the next day there is full body workout (everything is shown in the book and is super easy and takes a little time).

So as today is my starting day I will write my eating plan here for you and myself. I will really try to do that here every day and write if I have lost weight or not.

DAY 1 MEAL PLAN:

Breakfast:
*Green tea (without sugar)
*Omelette with mozarella, onions and chestnut mushrooms (and maybe tomatos) (with skimmed milk/low-fat)

Mid-morning snack:
*Tomatoes and cucumber sticks with low-fat mayonnaise

Lunch:
* Prawn and vegetable sweet-chilli/soya wok
*Some salad
*Tea/coffee

Mid-afternoon snack:
*A little salad (rucola, cucumbers, tomatoes)

Dinner:
*Boiled and fried asparagus with some sauce (maybe low fat mayo or something)
*Maybe some more salad or whatever I have in the fridge

Dessert:
*I don't know yet as I don't really have anything at home.. so we'll see maybe I'll skip it.

IBIZA 
Exercise: Maybe if I will make it then Step and Sculpt in the university gym. But I will definitely walk to uni and back so that makes at least 5 km of interval walk which is even more than the book says:)

So this is my plan. Tomorrow when I will write my second day plan, then I will tell you if everything went as I expected or not:)

Huh but now I need to study and go eat my breakfast soon! You all have a very nice day!:)

Byee til tomorrow!

Jane xx



P.S: I will put several photos up here from Ibiza, but I have to wait until my friend uploads them online:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment